[Michlib-l] Question about scan-to-email policies

Jenn Donner j.donner at vlc.lib.mi.us
Thu Jun 29 09:50:52 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

We are seeing an increase in patrons wanting our staff to do
scan-to-email for them and I was wondering if anyone has a policy on how
many pages such requests can be. We also had one patron who left very
sensitive legal documents with our librarian (over 100 pages) and said
they would come back later. The librarian has asked if I can create a
procedure or policy they can use to stop a patron from doing something
like this again. Next year we plan on installing new
copier/printer/scanners so people can do it themselves but we need
something in place until that time. Or even just a document handling
policy saying  that patrons have to stay with the librarian until the
scanning is complete and they get their documents back.

Thanks!
Jenn Donner

--
Jenn Donner, MLIS, M.Ed.