[Michlib-l] Workforce Development books - Free!

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Mon Mar 20 14:31:04 EDT 2023

6 additional sets of our 2021 Workforce Development Books offer have been found in our storage room. If you would like one (or more) of these sets, send me an email and we will ship them to you. The book list is below.

Career Change

*       Chasing Chickens: When Life After Higher Education Doesn't Go The Way You Planned by Rachel Neff

Entrepreneurship

*       The Startup Way: How Modern Companies Use Entrepreneurial Management To Transform Culture And Drive Long-Term Growth

*       Why Startups Fail : A New Roadmap For Entrepreneurial Success

Job Hunting

*       50 Ways To Get A Job : An Unconventional Guide To Finding Work On Your Own Terms

*       Art Of Finding The Job You Love : An Unconventional Guide To Work With Meaning

*       Career Rookie: A Get-It-Together Guide For Grads, Students And Career Newbies

*       The Introvert's Complete Career Guide: From Landing A Job, To Surviving, Thriving, And Moving On Up

*       What Color is Your Parachute? 2021 : Your Guide to a Lifetime of Meaningful Work and Career Success

Job Skills

*       Bring Your Whole Self To Work: How Vulnerability Unlocks Creativity, Connection, And Performance

*       Deep Work: Rules For Focused Success In A Distracted World

*       Crucial Conversations: Tools For Talking When Stakes Are High

*       Soft Skills In Demand : For 2020 Career Readiness

Leadership

*       Dare to Lead: Brave work, Tough conversations, Whole heart

Legal Issues

*       Your Rights In The Workplace: An Employee's Guide To Fair Treatment

Resumes/Interviews

*       Big Book Of Job-Hunting Hacks : How To Build A Resume, Conquer The Interview, And Land Your Dream Job

*       How to Write a Killer LinkedIn Profile... And 18 Mistakes to Avoid

*       Job Interview Tips For Overcoming Red Flags: Winning Strategies, Examples, And Short Stories For People With Not-So-Hot Backgrounds

Workforce Education

*       Workforce Education : A New Roadmap

Workplace Environment

*       Humanity At Work: Diversity, Inclusion, And Wellbeing In An Increasingly Distributed Workforce

*       Remote, Inc: How to Thrive at Work ... Wherever you are

*       Workparent : The Complete Guide To Succeeding On The Job, Staying True To Yourself, And Raising Happy Kids

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021,  www.michigan.gov/lsta<http://www.michigan.gov/lsta>

Having a diverse selection of reading materials for all ages builds literacy skills, engagement, and greater understanding.
[cid:image001.png at 01D95B38.9B937A10]