[Michlib-l] [Employment Opportunity] Youth Services Clerical Assistant - Closes Monday, April 24

BTPL Careers careers at btpl.org
Mon Mar 27 11:54:17 EDT 2023

Greetings--

We have a delightful position opening in our Youth Services for someone who enjoys supporting others in their work, likes a colorful and playful environment, but also excels at putting things in order.

Read more here:

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

The Bloomfield Township Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic clerical assistant committed to high quality library service to children and their families and ready to join the Youth Services team.  The Bloomfield Township Public Library is a class V Library, with a service population of 42,000+ people.  There is strong community support for the Library, collections, services, and programs offered.  The Library promotes inclusivity in the diverse collections and programs available to all ages and abilities.  Technology is integrated into Library services.  The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to provide quality public service and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment.

POSITION TITLE:       Clerical Assistant

DEPARTMENT:         Youth Services, reporting to Department Head

HOURS:

Part-time, 20 hours weekly, Monday through Friday; morning and afternoon hours; ability to work flexible schedule year-round (including occasional weekend or evening hours for special programs and events).

WAGES & BENEFITS:

$ 16.84-22.26 per hour with increase possible upon completion of three-month orientation.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
DIRECT PUBLIC SERVICE:

  *   provides positive, pleasant professional service to the public assisting the Youth Services librarians
  *   provides support for youth programs
  *   assists public with children’s iPads and Youth Services copier

INDIRECT PUBLIC SERVICE:

  *   assists with department services
  *   assists in opening department for service
  *   creates and maintains Youth Services bulletin boards and displays
  *   organizes and maintains in-house programming supplies
  *   updates department inventory lists using Word/Excel
  *   Policy - assists in the development and implementation of library policies and procedures

---

For even more details, see that attached description or go to our website (listed below my signature).

Best Regards,
Linden Godlove
Administrative Assistant
Bloomfield Township Public Library