[Michlib-l] Milllage results

Jean Fellows progcoord at gladl.org
Wed May 3 13:07:37 EDT 2023

🎉🎉🎉!

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 1:03 PM Dorothy Hull Library via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> I am happy to report that the Dorothy Hull Library - Windsor Township
> millage request for .8 mil was approved by voters yesterday by a
> significant margin, 1007-663. It is the first dedicated millage in our 72
> year history and the last attempt failed 61 years ago by 34 votes.
>
> We are indebted to our citizens committee, its volunteers, and support
> from library professionals near and far including Kate Andreade, Anna
> Curtis, and Shirley Bruursema. Your moral support and advice will not be
> forgotten.
>
> Ann
>
> Ann Sanders
> Director
>
> Dorothy Hull Library
> Windsor Township
> 405 W Jefferson
> Dimondale MI 48821
>
> 517-646-0633
> dimondalelibrary at gmail.com
>
> windsor-township.ploud.net

Jean Fellows
(she/hers)
Programming Coordinator
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson St.,
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
517-627-7014

*The Grand Ledge Area District Library is situated on ancestral,
traditional and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires
Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi peoples-- land ceded in the
1819 Treaty of Saginaw. For more information, see the article from Central
Michigan University
Library:https://blogs.cmich.edu/library/2019/11/26/the-1819-treaty-of-saginaw/#:~:text=In%20the%201819%20treaty%2C%20the,living%20on%20the%20ceded%20territory.