[Michlib-l] Performer recommendation-Blues Singer Leonardo Gianola

Turbok, Joseph jturbok at sccl.lib.mi.us
Thu May 4 14:14:11 EDT 2023

Leonardo performed at the St. Clair County Library System on May 3rd with his program A Country Blues Narrative with Songs. It was roughly a 90 min program and was well received with our patrons with over 60 people attending! A few people were even taking notes and recording certain songs.  Leonardo discussed the history of some of the first recorded blues songs and continued chronologically through history to show how the blues developed over time. He has minimal set up as his performance is totally acoustic. He just brings his guitars, a chair, and a 3'' stage. If you have any blues aficionados (or just lovers of good music in general) then I think they would greatly enjoying seeing Leonardo in person. His passion for blues music and the history behind it were infectious with the crowd with many thanking me on the way out for bringing him to the area.

Leonardo Blues<http://leonardoblues.com/index.php#nanogallery/my_nanogallery/72177720301004742>

Joseph Turbok- Senior Librarian for Adult Services
St. Clair County Library - Main Library
210 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, Michigan 48060