[Michlib-l] Grant opportunity for public libraries

Estee Schlenner eschlenner at mihumanities.org
Wed Nov 1 10:34:38 EDT 2023

Good morning!

I wanted to make you aware of a grant opportunity available through Library of America's Latino Poetry: Places We Call Home initiative. As part of this initiative, public libraries and cultural organizations in all fifty states and Puerto Rico are invited to apply for $1,200 grants for programs exploring Latino poetry and its ongoing relevance to American national life. The deadline for applications is January 5, 2024. You can find more information on the initiative, grants, and how to apply, at latinopoetry.org<https://www.latinopoetry.org/>.

This initiative is made possible with a chair’s special grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, Places We Call Home, is a major public humanities initiative planned for 2024–2025 comprising a groundbreaking new anthology edited by poet and scholar Rigoberto González, free events around the country, and an online media archive tracing the far-reaching and multifaceted legacy of Latino poetry.

Please reach out with any questions.

Best,
Estee

Estee Schlenner (she/her)