[Michlib-l] For directors: Deadline for community engagement & strategic communications cohort closes Mon 11/20, 12pm

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Thu Nov 9 13:34:59 EST 2023

Howdy, directors!

Just wanted to encourage you to take a look at bit.ly/michiganpppl to learn
more about and apply for the Post-Pandemic Public Library cohort. We're
running four cohorts of this project, organized by class size, to help
support you as you engage positively in your community and deepen
relationships in tough times.

Project components include:

   - 12 monthly online meetings of 90 minutes on topics related to
   community engagement, customer service, and effective communication (See
   Schedule tab for details)
   - The option to stay after for up to 30 minutes of open conversation
   with your colleagues from similar class sizes
   - A f2f or virtual conference in 2025
   - The option to have your community participate in a community survey
   about your library
   - Personalized media training online to help you speak more effectively
   with the media but also patrons and board members

*For directors of small libraries, please note that you can participate
100% virtually and avoid travel hassles!*

Thanks to our funders, there is NO cost to participate, but we do need you
to answer a few basic questions at the URL above to apply. The application
deadline is Monday, Nov. 20, at noon -- why not apply now before you have
Thanksgiving on the brain? :)

This project is made possible in part by the Library of Michigan, the
University of Michigan School of Information, and the Institute of Museum
and Library Services.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions!

Kristin

--
Kristin Fontichiaro
Clinical Professor