[Michlib-l] Background checks

Jean Fellows progcoord at gladl.org
Thu Nov 16 11:22:27 EST 2023

Background checks for Library staff & volunteers, not performers. Library
staff  present at events for those under age 18.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 10:21 AM Deb Hemmye via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> We do not require background checks for performers; we always have staff
> present at children's and teen events.
>
> *Deb Hemmye (she, her)*
> Library Director
> Huntington Woods Public Library
> 26415 Scotia Road
> Huntington Woods, MI  48070
> 248-543-9720, ext. 686
>
> ------------------------------

Jean Fellows
(she/hers)
Programming Coordinator
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson St.,
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
517-627-7014

*The Grand Ledge Area District Library is situated on ancestral,
traditional and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires
Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi peoples-- land ceded in the
1819 Treaty of Saginaw. For more information, see the article from Central
Michigan University
Library:https://blogs.cmich.edu/library/2019/11/26/the-1819-treaty-of-saginaw/#:~:text=In%20the%201819%20treaty%2C%20the,living%20on%20the%20ceded%20territory.