[Michlib-l] Kennedy assassination speaker recommendation

Connie Doherty cldwins at wowway.com
Tue Nov 21 12:54:25 EST 2023

Hello all,

I’d like to recommend a speaker we’ve had here at the Troy Public Library several times.

His name is Jay Hernandez, and he is a technician for the Troy Police Department. His latest program at TPL last weekend was“ 60 Years Later - The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy ,” which examined how recently-released classified documents shed new light on the events of that day. We had one of our largest post-Covid crowds yet (about 80 people) for an in-person program – patrons, especially seniors, are really passionate about this topic!

Jay has studied the Kennedy assassination for many years, and has presented at libraries, senior centers, and area churches and schools. He uses his law enforcement mindset to step back and look objectively at the events of November 22, 1963, and has visited most of the locations involved. He presents facts (and does not promote conspiracy theory), and encourages program attendees to make their own decisions based upon those facts. This promotes lively discussion, as everyone has an opinion of their own.

Here is his contact information:

Name = Jay Hernandez
Phone = (248) 506-1259
Email = [ mailto:lifesavers777 at gmail.com | lifesavers777 at gmail.com ] (he also does AED/CPR trainings)