[Michlib-l] Register for the 2023 Mary Calletto Rife Youth Literature Seminar

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Tue Oct 10 14:51:10 EDT 2023

[2023 Mary Calletto Rife Youth Literature Seminar]<https://www.kpl.gov/youth-literature-seminar/>

Friday, November 10 | 8:30 am–3 pm | Online | Register Now<https://www.kpl.gov/event/46th-annual-mary-calletto-rife-youth-literature-seminar/>
Online Event! 9:00 am-3:00 pm/Zoom/Free
Featuring award-winning authors Kelly Starling Lyons<https://kellystarlinglyons.com/>, Ebony LaDelle<https://www.ebonyladelle.com/>, and Raul the Third. <https://theauthorvillage.com/presenters/raul-the-third/>

Join us for our 46th Annual Youth Literature Seminar<http://www.kpl.gov/yls> where everyone has a story to tell. We are so excited to hear from Kelly Starling Lyons, Ebony LaDelle, and Raul the Third this year! The day will include author keynotes and multiple breakout sessions.

Everyone has a story to tell, and all ages, especially children, need to see themselves reflected in the books they read. Learn about stories through youth literature together in this day-long seminar geared towards educators, students, and anyone with an interest in youth literature.

The Youth Literature Seminar is a long-standing tradition at Kalamazoo Public Library. The seminar is named after Kalamazoo Children’s Librarian, Mary Calletto Rife. Mary created a legacy of sharing books with children, and we are honored to celebrate her work every November by bringing award-winning authors to Kalamazoo.

On Friday, December 1, we will also welcome award-winning author Gary Schmidt! For more details and to view the seminar schedule, visit kpl.gov/yls<http://www.kpl.gov/yls>. Questions? Email jilll at kpl.gov<mailto:jilll at kpl.gov?subject=2023%20Youth%20Literature%20Seminar>.

Farrell Howe | Head, Marketing & Communications
Pronouns: she, her
Kalamazoo Public Library | CEN
315 S. Rose St. | Kalamazoo, MI 49007
(269) 553-7879
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/KalamazooPublicLibrary/> [Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/kzoolibrary/?hl=en>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/KzooLibrary?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>  [KPL Videos] <https://www.kpl.gov/videos/>
[Kalamazoo Public Library: We Celebrate Hispanic Heritage]<https://www.kpl.gov/>