[Michlib-l] Canton Public Library Job Opening - Librarian Part-Time

Marian Nicholson nicholsonm at cantonpl.org
Thu Oct 19 10:37:02 EDT 2023

Canton Public Library is seeking a Part-Time Librarian who finds joy in connecting with others to join our team and forward our mission. At CPL, Librarians collaborate with staff across the library to:

*                      Create enriching and meaningful experiences for library visitors of all ages.
*                      Curate collections that support the informational, educational and recreational information needs of the community.
*                      Connect patrons to the information needed to pursue their best life using research expertise and problem-solving skills.

The person hired will have a primary focus on experiences, while also contributing to collections and connecting patrons to information. Successful candidates for this position will be able to demonstrate good judgment; are curious and flexible in their thinking; and have a history of working with others to achieve positive outcomes.

SCHEDULED HOURS AND COMPENSATION

  *   20-28 hours per week (negotiable), including days, evenings and weekends
  *   $26.31 - $32.21 per hour
  *   Paid vacation accrual with one weeks' vacation available upon hire
  *   Annual sick leave allowance
  *   Paid holidays: Nine official holidays plus three discretionary holidays and your birthday
  *   Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stellar Staff Award program, Longevity Awards and an active Social Committee
  *   457(b) Defined Contribution retirement plan

Please see the attached job description (or our website at cantonpl.org/jobs<https://www.cantonpl.org/jobs/>) for further details and application instructions. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Thank you,

[vsmCPLlogo]

Marian Nicholson
Department Head - Business Services
nicholsonm at cantonpl.org<mailto:nicholsonm at cantonpl.org>
Canton Public Library<http://www.cantonpl.org/>

1200 S. Canton Center Rd., Canton, MI 48188
734-397-0999 x1066