[Michlib-l] CSLP Newsletter: October 2023

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue Oct 24 08:36:09 EDT 2023

Please see the October newsletter below from the Collaborative Summer Library Program!
If you have any program successes from last summer w/photos to share, feel free to submit them to me for the next newsletter.
Thanks,
Cathy Lancaster
Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48915
My Pronouns: She/Her/Hers - See www.mypronouns.org<http://www.mypronouns.org/> to learn more.
LancasterC5 at michigan.gov<mailto:LancasterC5 at michigan.gov> | 517-335-8129 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/libraryofmich> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>

View this email in your browser<https://mailchi.mp/a5fe254f8e48/cslp-newsletter-august-6672790?e=c18caf2bb6>
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/ed31fdf7-bdb5-4a6b-914b-6d20102f5ae2.jpg]

CSLP needs your 2026 program ideas and resource suggestions!

2026 Theme: Dinosaurs
2026 Slogan: Unearth a Story (Spanish slogan TBC)

All submissions will be reviewed by the Manual Committees; however, due to
limited space, we cannot print every idea submitted, and programs may be
modified from their original submissions.

NOTE: If you submit original photos with your program idea, your idea will
be prioritized for inclusion in the manual (with attribution to you and your
library!).

If you have any problems using this form, please email
alyssa.graybeal at cslpreads.org<mailto:alyssa.graybeal at cslpreads.org>.

Submit a Program Idea for 2026 (All Ages)<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=6f8336a861&e=c18caf2bb6>

Submit a Book or Resource for 2026 (All Ages; in Spanish or English)<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=8beb21d42f&e=c18caf2bb6>

Programming suggestions for the 2026 manual ("Dinosaurs/Unearth a
Story") will be accepted until September 27, 2024.

[https://mcusercontent.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/e0aab572-eb02-6283-f9b0-26c6137b7b02.png]

[https://mcusercontent.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/af6eada6-12e7-e1f6-56f7-2c6233127831.png]

Success Stories
How are other libraries using the CSLP theme?

Solvay Public Library Comic Con

Submitted by Brian Rowlands, Library Manager, Solvay Public Library

On Monday, July 31, Solvay Public Library held the first ever Library Comic Con with the help of Funky Town Comics & Vinyl. It was a night of free comics, cosplay, music with DJ Dretronix, a Mario Kart tournament and special guest artist Christopher Brunner.  Over one hundred kids joined in for the nerdy fun and were given free tickets to "buy" different comics that were brought by Funky Town Comics & Vinyl or posters or drawings from Christopher Brunner. Our Mario Kart tournament winner was given a free family pass to Retro GameCon 2023, so everyone who came got to experience a mini comic con with for absolutely free. We also had a Graphic Novel Book Drive and dozens of graphic novels were donated to Solvay Library to put into our collection or hand out as Summer Reading Prizes. We hope to have this event annually and grow each year!

[https://mcusercontent.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/2e1f93d4-4cda-ffbc-6d26-53a82ab548df.jpg]
[https://mcusercontent.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/012f6150-d822-22d1-0986-8f3c51c84771.jpg]
[https://mcusercontent.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/82e27a03-d80c-9028-b807-92ced42f0c40.jpg]

CSLP Summer Symposium - Save the Date!

[https://mcusercontent.com/043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405/images/3620c76c-72f7-5930-aae9-d1a068727cbc.png]

The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) will host our 3rd annual CSLP Summer Symposium.  This half day virtual offering is for public library staff to connect, learn, and collaborate as we plan for summer library programming around the upcoming theme of Adventure Begins at your Library. Scheduled for Thursday, December 07, 2023, speakers and topics will be announced soon.

To view the archived recordings from previous Summer Symposiums, go to: https://www.cslpreads.org/summer-symposium/<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=17b34313c4&e=c18caf2bb6>

Was this forwarded to you? Click here to sign up for your own copy of the newsletter!<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=4d7cef6ad5&e=c18caf2bb6>

[Facebook]<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=1384b4e9c5&e=c18caf2bb6>
[Pinterest]<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=ce9269de15&e=c18caf2bb6>
[Twitter]<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=96aff66997&e=c18caf2bb6>
[Website]<https://cslpreads.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=043a7515ceb3ad45bdd2dd405&id=406640bf4e&e=c18caf2bb6>

Copyright (c) 2023 Collaborative Summer Library Program, All rights reserved.