[Michlib-l] Music books

Jean Fellows progcoord at gladl.org
Thu Sep 21 23:00:34 EDT 2023

Have you tried rachingout to one of your area middle or high schools? they
may have suggestions or even used books.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 1:02 PM BillieJo Bluemer via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I asked earlier for suggestions on a “music instrument library of things”
> and want to share after working with the family it was agreed the many
> instruments would be more useful and better suited to a band program.
>

> The same family would now like for us to expand our section on music books
> and I’m having trouble finding the types of books they would like. We are
> hoping to find books on individual instruments with history of instruments
> and including a brief basic section on how to play the instrument. We are
> not looking for books used in a beginning band program and we’d like the
> books to be for middle schoolers and higher.
>

> The family is looking for something similar to the “Learn to Play Series”
> by Frank Cappelli (pictured below) which we already own.  Would you please
> share if you know of anything similar or suggest other possible music
> books? I appreciate anyone with musical knowledge sharing information.
> Thank you.
>

> *BillieJo Bluemer*
>
> Director
>
> *Rauchholz Memorial Library*
>
> *1140 N Hemlock Rd*
>
> *Hemlock MI 48626*
>
> *989-642-8621*
>
> [image: smalllogo]

Jean Fellows
(she/hers)
Programming Coordinator
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson St.,
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
517-627-7014

*The Grand Ledge Area District Library is situated on ancestral,
traditional and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires
Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi peoples-- land ceded in the
1819 Treaty of Saginaw. For more information, see the article from Central
Michigan University
Library:https://blogs.cmich.edu/library/2019/11/26/the-1819-treaty-of-saginaw/#:~:text=In%20the%201819%20treaty%2C%20the,living%20on%20the%20ceded%20territory.