[Michlib-l] Geocaching responses

Emily Peoples emilyp at romeodistrictlibrary.org
Tue Apr 2 10:34:44 EDT 2024

Several people were interested in the responses to my geocaching
request. If anyone has any more, please send them my way! Here are the
compiled responses I got:

"
Todd Hachigian did a geocaching program for us a few years ago, and our
patrons enjoyed it. I'm copying him on this – he is available if you
still need a presenter.

Best, Connie Doherty

Do you have a local geocaching group? We are using the Lapeer Cachers
(our local group) this summer. I cannot say how good they are but they
have done several programs in Oakland County. Let me know if you would
like me to forward your contact info. They don't maintain a website so I
only have personal contact information.

Jan Gillis

My family was very involved in Geocaching when when my kids were
younger.  I just checked to see if the organization we were members of
was still active and it is 🙂.  There are geocachers from all over the
state represented in this group and I am sure they could ask for people
who might be interested in working with you.  Here's the website to the
Michigan Geocaching Organization (MiGO) https://www.mi-geocaching.org/.

Let me know if you have any more questions.  This is such a great
activity for all ages.

Heather Wood-Gramza

https://www.mi-geocaching.org/

I'd get ahold of the Michigan Geocaching group. They do events all over
Michigan, and would probably have someone on board to do a program.

Amber L Hughey, MLIS
"

Emily Peoples
Children's Librarian