[Michlib-l] Call for Proposals for UPRLC Conference in September

Lisa Waskin lwaskin at superiordistrictlibrary.org
Tue Apr 2 16:02:52 EDT 2024

Although the weather in the north may not reflect it this week, Spring is coming and with it the annual UPRLC 2024 Annual Conference call for proposals! This year's theme is Bold Library Futures, and the conference will be held at the Joseph Heirman University Center on the campus of Bay College in Escanaba on September 25th and 26th.  Just in time for Fall Colors!

To go along with this year's theme, we are looking for Bold ideas, programs, and sessions that look at where libraries will be going in the Future.

Areas of special interest include:

*              Artificial intelligence
*              The library as community center
*              Growing your services
*              Meeting customer service expectations and Defining boundaries
*              Making positive work/life balance in your library to avoid burnout

While these are areas of interest, we welcome other topics as well. If you are passionate about it, tell us why!
Each breakout session should be approximately 45-50 minutes long. The UPRLC Annual Conference registration fee will be waived for all those presenting a breakout session at the meeting.

To submit a program for review, please fill out a proposal submission form at this link: https://form.jotform.com/240394558704159
by Friday, May 17th.

Please submit your proposal and help us create Bold Library Futures across Michigan. We welcome submissions from all library types and from all areas of the state.

Thank you!

Lisa Waskin, District Director
Superior District Library
541 Library Drive