[Michlib-l] MCLS announces Stephanie Davis will retire in November 2024

Mary Ruthko ruthkom at mcls.org
Mon Apr 15 14:24:31 EDT 2024

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Stephanie Davis, MCLS Associate Director/Manager, eLicensing and Collection Resources

daviss at mcls.org<mailto:daviss at mcls.org>

April 15, 2024

MCLS announces Stephanie Davis will retire in November 2024

Lansing, MI—With mixed emotions, MCLS announces Stephanie Davis, Associate Director/Manager, eLicensing and Collection Resources will retire Nov. 1, 2024. Stephanie has been at MCLS since February 2019. Before coming to MCLS, her library career spanned three decades in a variety of capacities including Library Assistant at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Education Librarian at Spring Arbor University, and Library Director at two community colleges. “Working at MCLS has truly been a highlight of my career,” Stephanie notes, “The opportunity to impact many libraries drew me to MCLS and that experience has broadened my understanding of libraries, and deepened my appreciate for the many ways libraries of all types serve their users.”

During her tenure at MCLS, Stephanie guided the eLicensing and Collection Resources department (formerly known as Group Purchasing) through the COVID-19 pandemic and the department’s transition to a remote workplace. She led the implementation of a new renewal management system, ConsortiaManager, and helped MCLS navigate the evolving world of eResource open access. Stephanie considers securing the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant one of her greatest achievements at MCLS. “Obtaining ARPA funds for libraries and providing them with the opportunity to purchase eResources at no cost to their institution was personally satisfying for me,” she recalls. Another highlight was the development of the Overdrive for Michigan Academics (OMiA) group. She explains, “Working with OMiA to establish a consortium Overdrive system for academics was truly gratifying. It was a boots-on-the-ground experience to help this group become a reality.”

Stephanie has many retirement plans, including spending more time with her six grandkids, hiking and biking around Northern Michigan, and, along with husband, Todd, heading to North Carolina for the winters. Of course, she will also read books!

The search for Stephanie’s replacement is in progress and the job posting is now available on the MCLS website<https://www.mcls.org/about-mcls/mcls-jobs/>. She looks forward to helping train and acclimate the new eLicensing and Collection Resources Manager before leaving MCLS in November.

Mary Ruthko (she/her)

Marketing and Communication Coordinator
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
517-507-4149
ruthkom at mcls.org<mailto:ruthkom at mcls.org>

[cid:5d0d182b-a89b-4793-8b7d-3eb58ae15f1b]

mcls.org<https://www.mcls.org/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org> | X<https://twitter.com/mclsorg> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-collaborative-for-library-services>

Schedule a meeting with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/82504839b07649009896aaa10a3d2395@mcls.org?anonymous&ep=signature>