[Michlib-l] Historical Question

Elizabeth Campion campiee4 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 14:15:00 EDT 2024

Wow! Thank you so much. I got a lot of responses in a very short amount of
time. The consensus is that it is an abbreviation for debtor, which also
makes sense in context in the rest of the document. The writer feels
cheated by Maria and much of the composition book is citing all the ways in
which Maria transgressed. Much of it is financial so the debtor word seems
most accurate.
Thanks so  much for everyone who helped me solve this little mystery.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Campion, Librarian
Shelby Township Library
52610 Van Dyke
Shelby Township, MI 48316
586-739-7414

--
A library is a miracle. A place where you can learn just about anything for
free. A place where your mind can come alive."  Josh Hanagarne, *The