[Michlib-l] 5K Race Fundraisers?

Wendy Chapman w.chapman at buchananlibrary.org
Thu Feb 8 14:14:49 EST 2024

Hello all,

Our library has been tossing around the idea of hosting a 5K Race for a
fundraiser this summer and we are wondering what things we should
consider.  The following is a list of questions I've come up with so far:

1) What might be a reasonable estimate of the expected profit?

2)  Have you timed your races or advertised them as a fun run?  If timed,
what company are you using for the timing?  We are located in the extreme
southwest corner of Michigan so distance may be a factor.  Expected cost?

3)  Have local businesses sponsored the event?  If so, what would you
recommend the sponsor levels to be and what is included at each level?

4)  Do you provide an aid station at the halfway point with beverages or
recovery beverages/snacks at the finish line?  Maybe both?

5)  What are your top age group prizes?  Library swag?

I appreciate in advance any advice you may have. Many thanks in advance!

Wendy

Wendy L. Chapman
LoT Coordinator
Buchanan District Library