[Michlib-l] Nominations for Michigan Humanities Awards are open

Estee Schlenner eschlenner at mihumanities.org
Fri Feb 16 13:48:40 EST 2024

Hi everyone,

Michigan Humanities is excited to announce that the nominations for the 2024 Michigan Humanities Awards are open; we invite you to make a nomination or share this opportunity with your networks. Our annual awards program recognizes and celebrates one organization and two individuals who are champions of public humanities.

The deadline for nominations is March 1. Recipients of the Humanities Champion of the Year and Outstanding Humanities Organization awards receive $2,500 to use towards a celebration in their community or a project supporting their work. The recipient of the Erik Jones Reading Champion Award receives a $2,500 honorarium. For more information, please visit michiganhumanities.org. Descriptions of the award categories and links to nomination forms are listed below.

Erik Jones Reading Champion Award
This award recognizes an individual who has significantly supported the development of literacy and a passion for reading in Michigan.
Make a nomination here: https://forms.gle/oWqArEFFqZ3bz7xh8

Humanities Champion of the Year
This award recognizes the person whose contributions resulted in outstanding public humanities impact in their community and in our state. Examples are teachers, scholars, librarians, historians, or volunteers who have creatively and successfully brought humanities to the public forum.
Make a nomination here: https://forms.gle/PhjGpxZb7bncHKbH6

Outstanding Humanities Organization
Outstanding Humanities Organization recognizes organizations that have made a lasting contribution to the enjoyment of public and accessible humanities programming in Michigan. They may have brought to life a book, humanities project, historical project, discussion, or other humanities programs, serving their community and our state.
Make a nomination here: https://forms.gle/PhjGpxZb7bncHKbH6

Please reach out with any questions! We look forward to receiving your nominations.

Best,
Estee

Estee Schlenner (she/her)
Communications Officer