[Michlib-l] Policies about showing movies in a library program, Lego Club, Library of Things

Sanilac District Library sanilacdistrictlibrary at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 13:23:27 EST 2024

Our Village Council has approached our library about the possibility of opening a branch in the community center. The Village's motivation is to increase usage of that facility. This collaboration could allow our library the opportunity to offer programs we previously could not consider due to space constraints. I am gathering ideas and information about how the library might use this "library branch."  I do not want to duplicate services we already offer since the community center is just a few blocks away.
Do any of you out there in libraryland offer any of the the following programs? If so, would you kindly share advice, policies and/or procedures?
Ideas we are considering:
Movies nights. I know that movie licensing is required. Kate, the Director at White Pine Library Cooperative has been very helpful about this.
Lego ClubLibrary of Things
Some of these topics have been through the listserv before. I apologize for the repetition. I didn't pay attention to them because I never ever thought our library would be able to do these.
Thank you so much for your collective wisdom!Bev

Beverly Dear, Director

Sanilac District Library

7130 Main Street

PO Box 525

Port Sanilac, MI 48469

Phone: 810.622.8623

FAX: 810.622.9041

Website:  sanilacdistrictlibrary.lib.mi.us