[Michlib-l] Bulletin Boards/Community Spaces procedures and maintanance

Pampuch, Carly pampuchc at myjdl.com
Wed Feb 21 16:22:51 EST 2024

Hello,

The Jackson District Library is looking to review procedure regarding how community bulletin boards are maintained, what is allowed to be posted, and guidelines for how long items are left up. We would love to hear your own insights, thoughts, and experiences with providing a community bulletin board space in your branch.
Some specific questions I have are:

  *
what kind of material do you allow to be posted?
  *
Do you allow local businesses or individuals to post?
  *
How long do you allow posts to stay up?
  *
Who monitors the community bulletin boards?
  *
How much maintaining does your board take?
  *
Do you allow individuals to post paid services or products, such as lawn care, babysitting, guitar lessons, kittens for sale, etc?
  *
How do you communicate expectations about the bulletin board with your community/patrons?
  *
Do you feel that your bulletin board processes and rules are effective? Do patrons find them reasonable and easy to understand?
  *
Is there anything you would do differently?

Of course, I'm sure my questions don't cover everything, so any and all experience you have with community bulletin boards in a library space is welcome. If there is interest I am happy to compile responses and send them out in a week or so.

Thanks so much everyone, have a great day!

Carly Pampuch (hear name)<https://namedrop.io/carlypampuch>

My Pronouns: She/Her – See www.mypronouns.org<http://www.mypronouns.org/> to learn more.

Parma Branch Manager
102 Church St

Parma, MI 49269
O: 517-531-4908

Springport Branch Manager
116 Mechanic St

Springport, MI 49284

O: 517-905-1459

pampuchc at myjdl.com<mailto:pampuchc at myjdl.com>

[cid:ffb72788-3bb8-4ecc-b101-04eff398699b]