[Michlib-l] Please join us online for two awesome upcoming virtual presentations

Katie Rothley krothley at northvillelibrary.org
Fri Feb 23 10:10:46 EST 2024

Hi all! Happy Friday.

I'm writing to invite you to register to attend these two upcoming,
incredible virtual historical presentations, hosted by Northville District
Library via Zoom:

The Living Great Lakes via Zoom - on Tuesday, February 27 from 7 - 8 PM.
Jerry Dennis’s *The Living Great Lakes: Searching for the Heart of the
Inland Seas* was published in 2003 and has gone on to win many awards and
to be a perennial best-seller throughout the Great Lakes region. How have
the lakes fared in 20 years? What has changed? What has not? Join us in
conversation with the author and hear about the upcoming 20th-anniversary
edition of the book that he says changed his life.
Register to attend using this link: *https://nvillelib.org/3um22Ty
<https://nvillelib.org/3um22Ty>*

History of Negro League Baseball with Phil S. Dixon - on Thursday, February
29 from 7 - 8:30 PM.

Phil S. Dixon is a road warrior, a veracious interviewer a tireless
researcher, and writer who has interviewed over 500 players, wives, and
their offspring for a unique perspective of the American and Negro League
baseball experience, works for which he won a SABR MacMillan Award (Society
of American Baseball Researchers) for his excellence in historical
research.  He is best known for his 7 non-fiction books which include "*The
Negro Baseball Leagues: A Photographs History, 1867-1955*, a Casey Award
winner as the best baseball book of the year in 1992.
Register to attend using this link: *https://nvillelib.org/3wctEL7
<https://nvillelib.org/3wctEL7>*

We hope to see you at one or both events next week!

Sincerely,

Katie

P.S. and if you feel like sharing with your community, we would be most
appreciative! They are "events" on our Facebook page. :)
--
Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Public Relations Librarian

Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/32729040?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/32729040?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Goodreads Logo]
<https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
your own email signature
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>
My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obligated to