[Michlib-l] Loaning out VR kit

Don Priest dpriest at southgate.lib.mi.us
Sat Feb 24 16:50:38 EST 2024

I'm hoping to get some info from anyone who has a VR headset as part of the collection, that patrons can borrow. We have an Oculus Quest that I'd like to let people check out, but I'm not really sure how to make it work. It's easy enough to have a list of the pieces and make sure it all comes back, but I'm not sure what to do in regards to other concerns, like making sure patrons don't download new software, clearing out any personal data, sharing login information if it's needed, things like that. If you loan out headsets, and have some advice, or practices you follow, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

I'll share the compiled answers with the list in a couple of weeks. I'm sure more people will be interested in the answers. Headsets aren't exactly cheap, but there are good ones that aren't really expensive either, I can imagine them ending up in a lot of collections within a few years.

Donald Priest
Director
Southgate Veterans Memorial Library
14680 Dix-Toledo Rd.