[Michlib-l] Storywalk Inquiry

Autumn Smith smith at blissfieldlibrary.org
Wed Feb 28 08:56:00 EST 2024

Good morning Library Land!

We have an amazing opportunity to partner with our local Great Start to install a permanent Storywalk. We need our Village Council to sign off on the project since it will be placed on Village property in a local park. The Council has voiced concerns about the annual operating costs and concerns that Storywalks could one day fall out of favor and decline so drastically in popularity that removal of the infrastructure would be necessary.

I am reaching out to any library who has a permanent Storywalk who is willing to share their experience. What is the annual operating cost of a Storywalk? How long have you had a Storywalk? Have you developed a method to get a rough estimate of how frequently the Storywalk is utilized? What has the Storywalk experience been like in general for your library and community? Were there any obstacles or are there any ongoing issues with the Storywalk?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated as we work to bring this exciting and enriching opportunity to our community.

Thank you for your time and have great day!

Autumn Smith

Assistant Director

The Schultz-Holmes Memorial Library

407 South Lane Street