[Michlib-l] Requirements for disposal of weeded books

Todd Reed treed at sturgis-library.org
Mon Jan 8 12:29:48 EST 2024

We don't do anything like that here.

Maybe you can get them to agree that items over 10 years have depreciated
and should be off the financials, anyway.
They have served their full usefulness.  The same would go for damaged
materials.  Items certainly shouldn't be
considered "surplus" in those circumstances.  That would avoid the other
hoops for most weeded items.
Is not a book sale considered acceptable enough? That seems to be the
library industry standard, not bidding out.
If nobody in the community wants a book for $1, then is it seriously worth
the time to do more paperwork?
Recycling after the book sale is cool, though.

Good Luck,

*Todd Reed, DirectorSturgis District Library*