[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation

Arleen Wood a.wood at vlc.lib.mi.us
Tue Jan 9 10:58:43 EST 2024

Hi,

I wanted to share information on classical guitarist that we've had 3
times and have never been disappointed  - Peter Fletcher.
He has played at Carnegie Hall and has a house in Detroit (as well as
New York City) so he's not too far away to travel.
Attendance is always good (75-100 people), which we hold at local
community theater - the acoustics are good!
I think he likes people and feels honored that they took time out of
their day to come to the concert.  He always meets them after the
concert to talk music or just say hello.
I usually let the music teachers at local schools know so they can pass
the word to their students.  We do get a wide variety of people attending.
He's a pleasure to work with and his fee is not unreasonable.  It is
similar to other performers we have had.  Last year it was $650 all
inclusive.
Concerts run about 70 minutes.

If you are interested, I've included a link below for more information.
https://peterfletcher.com/