[Michlib-l] Public Library Association Conference 2024

Larry Neal lneal at cmpl.org
Wed Jan 31 10:55:42 EST 2024

Hi everyone,
I am pleased to share a personal invitation from Pat Losinski, Director of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, to attend the PLA Conference this year. In addition, pre-conference tours are being offered of several of CML's buildings. The ones I have seen are inspiring in design and worth the trip on their own. Attached is an overview. I am super excited about attending PLA this year and hope to see you there as well!
Larry
=======
Dear Michigan Colleagues:

The Public Library Association<https://www.ala.org/pla/> and Columbus Metropolitan Library<http://www.columbuslibrary.org/> invite you to join thousands of our public library colleagues, supporters and exhibitors in Columbus, Ohio, April 3-5, to celebrate all things public libraries!
This year's PLA Conference will offer more than 100 thoughtfully curated education sessions, inspiring speakers and authors, engaging networking opportunities, career services, micro-learning moments, and bustling exhibits featuring the latest in products, services, and innovations. Library tours and an all-conference welcome reception will take place on April 2.
Columbus is a collaborative, open and dynamic place to visit. Check out this video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNo1tHdyGy4&list=PLSZnVL8lSacs7yKqWhOsCKugELx4ID9cy&index=8> about Columbus. Celebrated for its incredible arts, entertainment, literary and culinary offerings, exciting professional sports teams and spectacular sprawling green spaces.  Columbus has something for everyone. And while I might be more than a bit biased, Columbus has great libraries too.  I've attached a PDF featuring some of the 14 new building projects opened since 2014 (with 4 additional groundbreakings in 2025).  Various library tour options will be available on April 2 and our Main Library will host an all-conference welcome/dessert reception on that evening.
The PLA Conference is where public libraries shine-where public library issues, ideas and innovators take center stage. Together, let's shape the future of public libraries.
I look forward to seeing you in Columbus.
Sincerely,
Pat
Patrick Losinski │ CEO
Columbus Metropolitan Library │ Main Library
96 S. Grant Ave. │ Columbus, OH 43215

614.849.1000 office
plosinski at columbuslibrary.org<mailto:plosinski at columbuslibrary.org>