[Michlib-l] How is PTO set-up in your library by policy?

Tahquamenon Library Director tqdirector at tahquamlibrary.org
Mon Jul 15 08:11:04 EDT 2024

Hello fellow listers,

I was considering updating or changing how my library's PTO system works. I
am reaching out to see how other libraries have their PTO set-up. For
example how does an hourly employee accumulate PTO, is there a limit per
year for PTO accumulated, in what situations can PTO be used or is not to
be used and if PTO is not used in a Fiscal Year what is done with it? I
appreciate any insights on how your library's PTO policy works and what to
avoid in developing it.

Thank you,

-Brian
Brian Freitag
Director Tahquamenon Area Public Library
700 Newberry Avenue
Newberry, MI 49868
tqdirector at tahquamlibrary.org
(906) 293-5214
<https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TfIsjQsLM82YLRSNagwSTGxNDcySkozMrZMTjFIsjKoSEs2tjAwtEw0TEkysbRINfeSKEnMKCxNzE3Ny89TSCxKTVTIyUwqSiyqBABdeRfo&q=tahquamenon+area+library&rlz=1C1EJFC_enUS884US884&oq=tahquamenon+Area+Library&aqs=chrome.1.0i355j46i175i199j0i22i30l2j69i61l2.13216j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#>