[Michlib-l] State of Michigan poll worker support

Reinhardt, Sarah (MDOS) ReinhardtS at michigan.gov
Tue Jul 16 13:42:05 EDT 2024

Greetings,

Michigan needs more poll workers for August and November, and on behalf of the Michigan Department of State, I'm reaching out to ask for help from you and the Libraries in Michigan.

Participating as a poll worker during the early voting period as well as on Election Day is a direct way for Michigan residents to support safe, secure, and accessible elections locally. Michigan residents aged 16 and up can sign up to serve at Michigan.gov/PollWorker<https://www.michigan.gov/sos/elections/pollworker>.

Our team has developed a Poll Worker Recruitment Toolkit<https://www.michigan.gov/sos/-/media/Project/Websites/sos/Elections/DemocracyMVP/2024-Democracy-MVP-Toolkit.pdf?rev=0999e836214f456fa624b7f2ebe85238&hash=1D5A3C67BC1FA74AFADE9A2B8E172AFD>, which is available for you to support recruitment efforts, and contains easy to use resources including:

*       Social media graphics

*       Videos

*       Pre-drafted email and newsletter templates

*       Direct links to other ways you and your employees can support our elections.

Please use these resources to share the need for more poll workers in Michigan and to promote the opportunity to serve. You can learn more about the State of Michigan's poll worker recruitment program at Michigan.gov/PollWorker<https://www.michigan.gov/sos/elections/pollworker>.

Thank you for your existing partnership and civic leadership.

Sincerely,

Sarah Reinhardt
Interim Deputy Chief of External Affairs
Michigan Department of State
Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson
ReinhardtS at Michigan.gov<mailto:ReinhardtS at Michigan.gov>