[Michlib-l] Need Help with Trading Cards Tween/Teen Event

Susan Kallewaard skallewaard at vicksburglibrary.org
Thu Jul 18 13:48:59 EDT 2024

Hello.  I received a request from some of my 'tween and teens (grades 6 - 12) for a Trading Card event. We were going to open up the event for  any card collections (Pokemon, Magic: the Gathering; Yu-Gi-Oh! and more).  Students would be encouraged  to trade, view, play, or just hang out and play games.

I've heard that the older students could become predatory with younger students and wondered if anyone had procedures in place for a trading card type event?

Thanks in advance.

Susan Kallewaard
Youth Services Librarian

Vicksburg District Library