[Michlib-l] Upcoming Virtual Event at BPL- Curtis Chin: Everything I Learned, I Learned in a Chinese Restauran

Mick Howey mick.howey at baldwinlib.org
Mon Jun 3 15:17:22 EDT 2024

Hello Michlib-L,

Please join us at 7:00 PM on Monday June 10th as we welcome the author
of *Everything
I Learned, I Learned in a Chinese Restaurant *Curtis Chin.

1980s Detroit was a volatile place to live, but above the fray stood a safe
haven: Chung’s Cantonese Cuisine, where anyone from the city could sit down
for a warm, home-cooked meal. Join local author Curtis Chin as he discusses
growing up Asian American in the Black and white city of Detroit and coming
out in his working-class immigrant community, as well as being a
first-generation college student at U of M.

Curtis Chin is a co-founder of the Asian American Writers’ Workshop and a
former writer for network and cable television before transitioning to
social justice documentaries. He has written for CNN, Bon Appetit, the
Detroit Free Press, and the Emancipator/Boston Globe. A graduate of the
University of Michigan, Chin has received awards from ABC/Disney
Television, New York Foundation for the Arts, and the National Endowment
for the Arts, among others.

Registration is required to receive the Zoom link. Tap here
<https://www.baldwinlib.org/calendar/#/events/GZ96OFyxOh/instances/NMhp2S92ny/>
to register and for more information.

Hope to see you there,
Mick Howey, MLIS