[Michlib-l] #ARSL2024 Early Bird Registration Is Now Open!

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Mon Jun 17 10:16:07 EDT 2024

Having trouble viewing this? Visit the ARSL Website<https://www.arsl.org/2024-registration-landing-page>.

ARSL Home<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/1>   |    About<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/2>   |    Join<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/3>   |   Support<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/4>   |   ARSL Store<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/5>
[Image]

ARSL Office Dispatch

Welcome to the ARSL Office Dispatch!

Need Advocacy Advice or Support?

The Advocacy Center is ARSL's new and growing resource hub in support of advocacy efforts in rural and small libraries nationwide! Have a topic you'd like the Advocacy Committee to investigate next? Email the ARSL Office at info at arsl.org<mailto:info at arsl.org> to let them know!

[Visit the Advocacy Center]

[Request Advocacy Support]
Become an ARSL Hero!

Want your organization listed here? Join the ARSL Supporters Alliance at the Hero level to show your support of rural and small libraries to 7,000+ library workers, advocates, and fans every week!

Other Hero level benefits include a complimentary exhibit booth at our annual conference, coordinated social media cross-promotion, and more! Click the link below to learn more about the Alliance and help libraries do more, with more.

[Join the Alliance!]

Microsoft Licensing in Rural & Small Libraries

ARSL is working with PLA and other national library organizations to collect information about a recent change to Microsoft's software licensing program and the potential negative impacts to libraries.

Please have only one person per library complete this survey, preferably the person who handles software licensing.

It should take no longer than 5-10 minutes to complete this survey. We sincerely thank you for your participation in this survey. The survey's deadline is Tuesday, June 18.

[Complete the Survey Here]

ARSL 2025 Elections

The ARSL 2025 Board Elections season is upon us! The candidacy form will open this Thursday, June 6. All candidates will self-nominate using the candidacy form. Once the nomination window has closed, the candidates will be announced.

Below are the Candidate Eligibility Guidelines and the 2025 elections timeline. If you are eligible and interested in running, please feel free to visit our our website on Thursday to access the form.

Open Positions

  *   Vice President/President-Elect (3-year term)
  *   Secretary (2-year term)
  *   South Regional Representative (2-year term)
  *   Northeast Regional Representative (2-year term)
  *   West Regional Representative (1-year interim term)

Candidate Eligibility Guidelines

  *   All candidates must be ARSL members in good standing, and must maintain active ARSL membership for the duration of their leadership term.
  *   No more than one application from any one organization for candidacy shall be accepted per election cycle. This is to limit conflict of interest and to keep a wide range of representation among all regions of ARSL.
  *   In the event we receive more than one application from within a single organization the applicants will be asked to decide among themselves which applicant will run for office. If it cannot be resolved internally, the Election Committee will make a decision as a whole and all decisions will be final.
  *   In the event an application comes from an organization from which another current member currently sits on the board, preference will be given to the current board members until they reach maximum terms.

2025 Elections Timeline

Candidates Registration

Candidacy Form Opens | Thursday, June 6
Candidacy Form Closes | Thursday, June 27
Candidates Announced | Tuesday, July 2

Member questions for Candidates Forums will be accepted Tuesday, July 2 through Wednesday, July 10.
Registration will be required to attend the Candidates Forums, and will be free for all ARSL members. To encourage open and honest answers from candidates the forums will not be recorded.

Candidates Forums

Forum dates will be announced Tuesday, July 2.

Member Voting & Election Results

Voting Open | Thursday, August 1, 10am PT / 11am MT / 12pm CT / 1pm ET
Voting Close | Thursday, August 15, 3pm PT / 4pm MT / 5pm CT / 6pm ET
Candidates Notified | Friday, August 16
Membership Notified | Tuesday, August 20
New Leadership Term | January 1

Upcoming ARSL TRAINs

Rural/Urban Library Partnerships to Support Local Economies

The Spokane Public Library and the Spokane County Library District (located in eastern Washington) have partnered for over a decade on supporting their local business community. The most recent iteration of that has taken the form of StartUp Spokane<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/10>, a regional collaborative approach to library business services. We'll give a quick overview of the program, the highs, the lows and how you might be able to forge a similar partnership in your community.

When: Thursday, June 13, 2024 at 11:00 am PT /12:00 pm MT/ 1:00 pm CT / 2:00 pm ET

Facilitated by: Mark Pond, MLIS Business Research Librarian, Spokane Public Library; Stacey Goddard, Public Services Manager,  Spokane County Library District
[https://oasis-prod01-unlayer.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/1718126099236-ARSL+June+TRAIN+2.png]

[Register Here for June's TRAIN]

ARSL 2024 Conference Updates

[https://oasis-prod01-unlayer.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/1711391244138-ARSL+2024+Coference+Banner.png]

When: September 11-14, 2024
Where: MassMutual Center, Springfield, Massachusetts

#ARSL2024 is the conference for rural and small libraries. Our conference planners and presenters understand the constraints of shoestring budgets, small spaces, and limited staffing within small and rural libraries, as well as the unique opportunities for innovation and collaboration. Our conference is packed full of information you can take right back to your library-no scaling down required.

This year's conference theme is "Libraries are (r)Evolutionary." Our conference provides an opportunity to explore the transformative power of rural and small libraries in our communities. Like chrysalises of change, these libraries nurture revolutionary ideas and evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of our patrons. Let's embrace the (r)Evolutionary spirit of libraries and inspire each other.

2024 ARSL Conference Registration

Early Bird Registration is now open!

ARSL Member Rates

Conference Attendance
Early Bird - $295
Regular - $380
On-site - $380 + $25 admin fee

Preconference Workshops**
3-Hour Workshops - $60
4-Hour Workshops - $75

7-Hour Workshop - $160

Virtual Attendance+
$55

Student, Advocate & Retiree Rates*

Conference Attendance
Early Bird - $250
Regular - $290
On-site - $290 + $25 admin fee

Preconference Workshops**
3-Hour Workshops - $60
4-Hour Workshops - $75

7-Hour Workshop - $160

Virtual Attendance+
$30

Nonmember Rates

Conference Attendance
Early Bird - $390
Regular - $460
On-site - $460 + $25 admin fee

Preconference Workshops**
3-Hour Workshops - $85
4-Hour Workshops - $100

7-Hour Workshop - $205

Virtual Attendance+
$80

*Must be a Student, Advocate, or Retiree member of ARSL<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/12> to receive this pricing.

**Preconference Workshop fees are charged in addition to the base Conference Attendance rates and are available for in-person conference attendees only.

+Keynotes will not be livestreamed. Learn more about the changes to this year's Virtual Conference offerings here<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/13>.
[Learn More]

Important Dates

June 11 | Early Bird Conference Registration Opens

July 16, 2024 | Early Bird Registration Closes

August 12, 2024 | Booking Hotel Room Deadline

August 28, 2024 | Advance Registration for in-person attendance & preconference workshops closes

September 11-14, 2024 | On-Site Registration available

September 14, 2024 | Virtual Registration closes

September 16, 2024 | The ARSL Office will be closed

[Visit Our Website For The Latest Updates]
Conference Hotels Booking Information is Now Available!

If you plan on attending the 2024 ARSL Conference, please visit our website to book your room from our Conference hotels:

Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place Hotel

$169/night (plus taxes and fees) | 0.2 miles from the conference center

Marriott Springfield Downtown

$185/night (plus taxes and fees) | 0.3 miles from the conference center

Note: rooms booked through third-party booking sites (Expedia.com, Priceline.com, KAYAK, etc.) will not be eligible for conference attendee rates. To ensure the best rate possible on your conference accommodations be sure to use the official booking links on our conference website by clicking the button below!

[Book Your Room!]

Exhibitor & Sponsor Registration

We look forward to bringing the ARSL community together again in Springfield, Massachusetts, and to continuing to provide virtual access to exhibitors, sponsors, and more via the Whova conference app. So come exhibit with us on Thursday, September 12, 2024 and Friday, September 13, 2024 to showcase your revolutionary products and services with our key organizational decision-makers. Your exhibitor registration includes both an in-person booth and a virtual booth to maximize attendee engagement. Sponsors will be even more visible across our in-person conference and virtual app, with on-site logo placement and a presence in the virtual sponsor hall.

There are many ways to market your company through the 2024 ARSL Conference as an Exhibitor and as a Sponsor. We invite you to participate by registering online now!

[View the 2024 Sponsor & Exhibitor Prospectus]

[Register as a Sponsor or Exhibitor Here]

ARSL Professional Networking Groups

ARSL Youth and Teen Services Networking Group

June 12, 2024 @ 11 am PT/ 12 pm MT/ 1 pm CT/ 2 pm ET
[Register: Y&T Services]

ARSL Directors, Managers, & Administration Networking Group

June 25, 2024 @ 9 am PT/ 10 am MT/ 11 am CT/ 12 pm ET
[Register: Directors]

[Image]

Contact Info:

The Association for Rural & Small Libraries

PO BOX 33731, Seattle, WA, 98133

(206) 453-3579

info at arsl.org<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/94ff10a5-60ed-47d2-869b-ed155ee6659f/21>

Connect with Us:
[Facebook]
[Instagram]

The Association for Rural & Small Libraries * PO Box 33731, Seattle, Washington 98133, United States * 206-453-3579<tel:206-453-3579>