[Michlib-l] MLA Summer Reading Social Media Project

Oliver Brown rapha3ls98 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 09:13:59 EDT 2024

Hello all!

My name is Oliver, and I am the Social Media Intern for the Michigan Library Association.
I am reaching out because MLA is hoping to highlight libraries and the various ways they promote Summer Reading to their communities!
I have listed some questions below for anyone to answer - please make sure to share a photo of either your awesome Summer Reading program(s), your graphics for Summer Reading or any other picture you think would fit with this theme, when submitting your answers!:
Describe to us why you believe Summer Reading is so valuable to libraries and their communities.
Does your library do any extra special programs for Summer Reading? If so, describe that event for us!
What has been your proudest Summer Reading moment with the library?
How do you hope Summer Reading programs evolve as libraries continue to expand their resources/meet greater needs of their communities?
Do you think Summer Reading could potentially move beyond Reading and branch into other library services?

The submissions, along with the photos, will be posted to MLA's Socials!

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Thanks,
Oliver
He/Him