[Michlib-l] Joann Bankruptcy: Creativebug

Jim Flury jflury at tln.org
Mon Mar 18 13:51:44 EDT 2024

All,

I wanted to call to your attention today's Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing by Joann [ https://www.mlive.com/news/2024/03/crafts-retailer-joann-files-for-bankruptcy.html | https://www.mlive.com/news/2024/03/crafts-retailer-joann-files-for-bankruptcy.html ] which in the public library world means Creativebug [ https://www.creativebug.com/libraries | https://www.creativebug.com/libraries ] Sharing this article because so many public libraries subscribe to the Creativebug service.

The article indicates that Joann will continue to pay its vendors, that the bankruptcy process could be complete by as early as April, and that Joann will emerge as a non-publicly traded company.

I reached out to our Creativebug contact and asked her for a statement. I will share her response with the lists when received.

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager
The Library Network