[Michlib-l] Summer Reading Grand Prizes

Autumn Smith smith at blissfieldlibrary.org
Thu Mar 21 13:43:22 EDT 2024

Good afternoon!

We are contemplating a return to grand prizes for our Summer Reading Program. We moved away from grab bag type finisher prizes and gave away books, but we found a bit of a lack of enthusiasm for the books and ended up with a lot of books left over. Recently we have given gift certificates to local businesses to all finishers, but due to recent budget issues and current financial strain being experienced by many of our local businesses, this year it will be more like a coupon book with $1 off which may seem slightly less appealing. We are looking for suggestions for either a budget friendly prize option for all finishers or grand prize options that have been popular with your patrons. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have a great day!

Autumn Smith

Assistant Director

The Schultz-Holmes Memorial Library