[Michlib-l] Are you busy?

Betsy Myers mmyers at tadl.org
Mon Mar 25 18:06:04 EDT 2024

Anyone have plans for Sunday April 28th at 7:00pm?  No?!  Well, we have the
night out for you!  Whether you are a poetophil, logophile or just like a
fun, FREE event in a historic venue--join us for our annual Poets' Night
Out. This was a juried contest and the winners will read their poems at
this event. Your job is to enjoy yourself and listen to some *really *great,
local poetry (although you do get to vote for your favorites as well).

Poets' Night Out
<https://www.tadl.org/event/poets-night-out-live-reading-14238>will be at
the Traverse City Opera House (106 E Front St, Traverse City) at 7:00pm on
Sunday April 28th.  You know what?! I have a great idea! *YOU* should make
a day of it!  Come to the Traverse Area District Library (610 Woodmere Ave)
first at 2:00pm and listen to Anthony Williams
<https://www.tadl.org/morelchamp>the FIVE time National Morel Hunting
Champion give you tips and tricks on finding the elusive fungi...eat an
early dinner downtown and then walk over to the Opera House for a fun night
of poetry.  Two FREE events and a meal of your choosing. What could be
better? I just planned your day for you. The hard work is in the planning
and now that is done. You have no excuses. :)

Although...you might have to work (like me) so if you aren't able to make
it, will you share our poster and invite anyone/everyone? Remember to
stress that it is a free event. No really, FREE. In person, everyone can
come.

(Poster attached). Thank you!

#poetsnightout
#morels