[Michlib-l] Seeking Advice on Credit Card POS Systems

Susan Wess susan.wess at milanlibrary.org
Mon May 6 12:33:57 EDT 2024

Square is working well for us.

________________________________
From: Michlib-l <michlib-l-bounces at mcls.org> on behalf of Amber Hughey via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2024 12:28:38 PM
To: Anne Richards <arichards at richlandlibrary.org>; Anne Richards via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
Subject: Re: [Michlib-l] Seeking Advice on Credit Card POS Systems

We switched from a regular credit card company (we were paying over 30% in fees) to Square reader (I believe 3.6% of each card purchase now), and saving so much in fees. We do not pass the fees onto our patrons. Square is pretty easy to use for staff & patrons. It's easy to make new categories or sub categories, run reports etc.

We went with the full Square setup, including the two-sided screen. We do not handle patron cards at all.

Amber L Hughey, MLIS
She/Hers
Director
Bridgeport Public Library zv041