[Michlib-l] TLN Webinars

DJ Bond dbond at tln.org
Tue May 7 09:00:00 EDT 2024

Hey Michlib-L Fam,

With Summer Reading around the corner, now is a great time to catch up on some webinars with TLN! Check out some of our [ https://tln.org/events/event_list.asp?show=&group=&start=8%2F13%2F2021&end=&view=&cid=22436 | live events ] coming up or watch some of our previous events on our [ https://www.youtube.com/@TheLibraryNetworkTLN | YouTube page ] . Here's what you'll find:

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoM6HjWG2QA | Rational Detachment with Gary Atkins - Presented by Encompass EAP ]
Join us for our webinar with Encompass EAP! Join us as we talk with counselor Gary Atkins about how you can practice Rational Detachment in the face of disrespectful library patrons.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_4kw1VLnU | Grant Writing with Sherri Vaughn from Farmington Community Library ]
Learn from Sherri Vaughn, Business & Nonprofit Outreach Coordinator for Farmington Community Library, on the best practices for grant writing and how you can write better grants.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRKHbJKvVM | Food for Thought Campaign Kickoff with Gleaners ]
The Food for Thought campaign with Gleaners ran from March 18 to April 26, but you can still learn about it! Donations to food banks are lagging as the holidays have passed, but libraries can help in the fight against hunger. Watch the Food for Thought Campaign Kickoff, virtually, to learn how much this impacts your community.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXn6xgcyzK4 | Making Meaningful DEI Changes with Orion Township Public Library ]
Learn about how Orion Township Public Library took the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to make changes in their library. Find out what they did and get inspiration for what you can do in your library.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0sH0CrG-8 | Social Work in Libraries with Jennifer Purrenhage at KPL ]
Have you ever wished you had someone specializing in Social Work working at your library? Kalamazoo Public Library does! Join us for this video as we talk with Jennifer Purrenhage, the Social Work Intern at KPL, about what she does to help out patrons and community members in Kalamazoo.

DJ Bond
Member Engagement Coordinator
The Library Network
(248) 536-3100 x116