[Michlib-l] Job Opening--Youth Library Clerk at Portland District Library

Cory Grimminck cgrimminck at portlandmilibrary.com
Tue May 14 10:51:13 EDT 2024

We're looking for a special person to join our staff . . . is it you?  If
you love working with babies and toddlers, can be flexible both mentally
and physically, can focus on both the big picture and the fine details, and
you want to have fun every day, then you should apply!

The Portland District Library is seeking a part-time library clerk to work
in our youth department.  This employee will be responsible for a weekly
baby storytime, and other youth programming as needed.  Other duties
include ordering materials, helping patrons meet their information needs,
and other tasks that go along with working in this busy library.  The
successful candidate must enjoy working with babies and toddlers, be in
touch with their inner child, have a friendly and positive attitude, and be
able to multitask and follow a project through from conception to
completion.  Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, have a high
school diploma, and be able to execute the physical requirements of the job
(carrying up to 50 pounds, bending, squatting, sitting on the floor, etc).

The hours of work for the position will be:

· Mondays  and Fridays from 8:45am – 3:00pm

· Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00pm – 8:15pm

Applications are available at the circulation desk or on our website (
pdl.michlibrary.org).  The position will be open until filled, but priority
will be given to those applying before June 7.  Please talk to Cory
Grimminck, Library Director, (517-647-6981 ext 4) if you have any
questions.