[Michlib-l] Grief support groups

Susan Warner swarner at brandonlibrary.org
Fri May 17 13:24:35 EDT 2024

Good afternoon,

I know some of you were interested in the responses I received in regards
to starting a grief support group.  I want to thank everyone that responded
and offered advice.

These are the organizations that were given:
Council on Aging
Funeral homes
Grief Share - which is offered in churches (christian based) but may have
another way of implementing this in the library.
EAP counselors
Death doula - End of life doula..Nedalliance.org
Hospice - Hom.org
Death cafe - deathcafe.com

There is a director in Allendale, Abby Black, that uses restorative
practices.  She offered to come to the library to meet and/or train staff.

Hope this helps.

Sue Warner

--
*Sue Warner*
*Library Assistant*

*ENGAGE **•** EDUCATE **•** ENRICH **•** EMPOWER*