[Michlib-l] One Book, One Community

Jessica Little cutlerlibrary at live.com
Mon Aug 5 11:48:45 EDT 2013

Rich Text Editor

Hi,

I'm looking for information about "One Book, One Community"
programs, especially the numbers side of it. These are my two critical
first questions:

     If you tracked participation, how did participation numbers compare
to the size of your service area population?

     Did you provide copies of the selected book for the program, and if
so, what was the cost?

If you're so inclined, I'm also wondering about the following:

     Did you notice higher participation levels for a specific
demographic of the population and/or were you attempting to reach a
specific demographic by your choice of title? (Teens/Seniors/etc.)
     How long did you promote the program before your first/only event?
     How many events did you have associated with the program?
     Have you ever run a "One Book, One Community" program focused on a
local author or group of local authors?
     Would you consider the program a success/would you run another "One
Book, One Community" program?

     Is there anything else someone running such a program for the first
time should know?

Please reply off list. If there's someone associated with your library
or Friends group that might have this information and is not on the
listserv, I'd be happy to get their contact information as well. Thank
you for your time!

Jessica Little

--
Library Director