[Michlib-l] Register today for social media & website training available through MCLS

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Fri Sep 20 14:25:19 EDT 2013

MCLS is happy to announce the following three brand new social media and
website classes being offered in the coming weeks:

Writing for the Web & User Assistance Strategies for Library Websites
(online workshop)-October 11

Is your library website written in language for the online world? Are your
users getting the help they need at the right time for their task at hand?
Learn how good writing for the web, and thoughtful, timely user assistance
(Help!) will make for a better user experience for your patrons.

For more information and to register:
https://members.mcls.org/workshops/viewcourse.html?id=334

Creating a Social Media Policy (online workshop)-October 14

Can my employees talk about my organization on social media: What if
someone makes a negative comment on my organizations Facebook page?
Creating a social media policy and/or guidelines can be extremely helpful
in answering these questions and many others like them. Learn about
Capital Area District Libraries experience as well as what you can and
cannot include in a social media policy.

For more information and to register:
https://members.mcls.org/workshops/viewcourse.html?id=332

Developing a Social Media Content Plan (online workshop)-November 4

Navigating the ever-changing world of social media can be challenging. The
rules change all the time, it can be difficult to get buy-in from staff
and/or administration, and you have to decide just what exactly you are
going to use social media for anyway. Creating a content plan for each
social media tool you decide to use will get you organized, help you work
through the exercise of why you are using social media, who is
contributing content, what your goals are and how to measure them. In this
session, we will review a few types of social media, examine some good and
not-so-good applications and learn how to create a content plan.

For more information and to register:
https://members.mcls.org/workshops/viewcourse.html?id=333

The cost to attend each of these workshops is $59 for MCLS members or $119
for non-members. If you have multiple staff interested in attending, we
also have a group viewing rate of $249 for MCLS members or $349 for
non-members. Time is running out to register for these sessions so don't
delay!

Thanks! - heather

********************
Heather M. (Thomas) Ladiski, CAP-OM
Executive Assistant/Meeting Planner
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1
Lansing, Michigan 48910-3657

800/530-9019 ext. 133
517/394-2420 ext. 133