[Michlib-l] Small and Rural Libraries Conference registration is NOW OPEN
White, Shannon (MDE)
WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Tue Feb 4 12:08:14 EST 2014
Everyone is excited about the upcoming Loleta Fyan Small and Rural Libraries Conference and we are happy to announce that online registration for the conference is now open.
For information about how to register, please visit http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668-142226--,00.html A link to the online registration can be found inside the Attendee Information Packet.
We strongly encourage you to read the full Attendee Information Packet before registering online and definitely BEFORE making hotel reservations.
The conference registration is $75 per person. This includes one round-trip ferry ticket on Shepler's Ferry, 5 meals and conference materials. Our special lodging rate at the Grand Hotel is $129 per room and includes breakfast. Please see the hotel reservation form for complete details on lodging.
1. Please check the Shepler's Ferry Schedule found at the end of the Attendee Information packet BEFORE you make your travel plans and hotel reservations. Remember we are on the island in the pre-season and schedules are limited. Check that you will be able to get to the island before making your hotel reservation or you may be subject to a processing fee if dates change.
2. You will receive a link to a PDF document online that can be printed out and used to make your hotel reservation directly with the Grand Hotel. You will only get the link to the hotel reservation form in your confirmation email and confirmation screen upon registration. Please check for this link. You may also call or email us for the form if you have already registered for the event. The hotel reservation form is hidden and NOT linked from the website. This rate is only available to registered attendees of our event.
3. Everyone must check that they either want a meal or don't want a meal. If you are not planning to join us for all meals then check no for the meals you will miss. This helps provide us an accurate account for catering and helps our budget. If you have dietary restrictions you have the opportunity to list them during the registration process.
4. There are optional island carriage tours and a trolley tour available during the conference. Full details and information on how to order tickets is provided in the Attendee Information Packet.
5. A preliminary program showing program titles, dates and times is available on the website. A full program, with complete descriptions, will be posted later next week.
6. Attendee registration closes March 31. Also, the hotel must receive your reservation form and deposit by this date to guarantee the special rate.
7. Presenters should have already received their speaker agreements and information. Please use the information provided directly to you as a presenter to make arrangements.
8. If you have a guest with you that is not attending the event and is not a member of the Michigan library community we can provide a special meal order form so they may join the group for meals. Contact us directly for details.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us! We will be sending out more information about the conference throughout the registration period.
We look forward to seeing you on Mackinac Island later this year.
Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free: 877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l