[Michlib-l] 2014 History Skills Workshop Series Schedule Announced

Nancy Feldbush feldbush at hsmichigan.org
Thu Feb 6 11:54:26 EST 2014

HSM-news-release.jpg

Historical Society of Michigan - News Release

at-a-glance-column2.jpg

2014 History Skills Workshops

March 21 . Practical Building Restoration

May 2 . Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and Archive
Historical Photographs

June 27 . Managing Historic House Museums

July 18 . Launching a New Historical Organization

August 8 . Digitizing Collections: Basic

August 22 . Digitizing Collections: Advanced

September 5 . Exploring Your Family History for Beginners

September 12 . Basic Archives

October 3 . Grant Writing for Special Projects

October 17 . Advanced Archives

November 7 . Planning and Conducting Oral History Projects

November 21 . Preserving and Cataloging Oral History Projects

December 5 . Developing Exhibit Content

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

2014 History Skills Workshop Series Schedule Announced

workshops1.jpg

This year you'll find several new sessions; some 101-level workshops and
some geared toward advance learners; and topics ranging from restoration and
oral history to house museums and digitizing to grant writing and
genealogy.all brought to you by the Historical Society of Michigan.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> For full descriptions of
each workshop and to register,
visit our website.

workshops1.jpgThese training opportunities help historical organizations and
interested history advocates gain skills that can be applied in museums,
organizations, and personal collections.

Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Historical Society of Michigan
Main Office at 5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan.

If you are a personal member of HSM or represent an organization that itself
is a member of the Society, registration is $39. Registration for
non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM membership. Refreshments and
materials are included with your registration.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> To register for a workshop,
use our secure online registration form or call (800) 692-1828.

  _____

history-at-your-fingertips2.jpg

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.