[Michlib-l] Magazine Use

Jocelyn Baldwin jmb.mlis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:57:22 EST 2014

I've worked in libraries that have baskets on the tables near magazine and
newspaper shelving.  There are signs indicating that all magazines should
be placed there rather than back on the shelf.  Every couple hours, a staff
member empties the baskets and scans these as "used" in the automated
system or just makes a tally mark under the magazine's name on a piece of
paper to keep track of what is being used.  That way the magazines don't
stay in the baskets too long and they can be reshelved regularly.

Jocelyn Baldwin, MLIS
jmb.mlis at gmail.com