[Michlib-l] Magazine Use

Shawn Andary sandary at uproc.lib.mi.us
Wed Feb 12 08:53:28 EST 2014

 Hi Kelli,

In addition to using a generic in-house user as Andrea mentions, your
automated system may have a feature to mark an item as being "used"
without checking it out.  Additionally, our Symphony system has an
ephemeral checkout option that can be used which does a
checkout/checkin transaction each time an item is scanned to update
the item as being circulated, and recording stats.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Andrea Mucha <amucha at cityofwarren.org> wrote:
> We have a user account set up as 'inhouse'.  Any items left out on tables,
> placed at the ends of shelves, etc are checked out to 'inhouse', discharged,
> and sorted to shelve.  Each inhouse check out shows up in our system as a
> checkout.  This method doesn't differentiate between regular checkouts and
> inhouse, but it is something.
>

> Andrea Mucha
>
> Office Assistant
>
> Warren Public Library