[Michlib-l] Makerspaces and Digital Labs in Small and Rural Libraries

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 20 09:22:52 EST 2014

Digital media labs and makerspaces aren't just for large library systems! Join this webinar from TechSoup to learn how small and rural libraries are bringing creation spaces to their communities.  Two small libraries will share how they have integrated digital media and makerspace technology in their library, including success, challenges, and lessons learned.

Digital Media Labs & Makerspaces in Small & Rural Libraries Webinar (free)
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
2:00-3:00 Eastern
Register: https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=iah3umtogqlz

Also, if you are planning to attend the upcoming Small and Rural Libraries Conference we hope you will consider attending our session on Wednesday, April 30 at 1:45pm, "Makerspaces in Rural Libraries". Steve Teeri, experienced makerspace creator, will provide information on creating cost-effective makerspace programs in a small and rural library.  Steve will also be exhibiting in the vendor area during the conference to share ideas and show materials that libraries can use to create maker programs for their communities.
Remember, makerspaces are really about hands-on experiences and don't have to include high cost items.  It's just about making things!

Information on the conference can be found at: http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668-142226--,00.html

Shannon

Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan