[Michlib-l] Badges for Summer Reading Program

CDL Director director at mycdl.org
Fri Jan 10 09:32:51 EST 2014

Hi,

The concept for earning online digital badges for a Summer program is
fantastic.  Kudos to AADL and Canton and other libraries who have been
successful in revamping the program.  There is flexibility in making a
program like this as complex or as simple as you want.

I have found plenty of information and great ideas about different ways to
run this program but very little on the technical logistics of setting it
up. I am seeking resources and information for any type of platform that
can be purchased where the work is already done.  Something
where participants could create profiles on our website and display badges
they have earned within their profile.  I have found this  http://openbadges
.org/   but really would prefer it be on the library website. Anything out
there for a library who has no dedicated IT person to create this?

Respond off list to: director at mycdl.org

Any input is helpful.

Thank you,
--