[Michlib-l] MCLS launches new website

Elaine Meyer meyere at mcls.org
Tue Jul 8 13:24:40 EDT 2014

Good afternoon everyone,

After much hard work, MCLS is very pleased to announce the FULL launch of
our newly redesigned website, www.mcls.org!

New features
We are excited to offer many new and improved features on the new MCLS
website:
Redesigned homepage - the homepage has been redesigned to be better
organized and more intuitive, so you can find the information you need
quickly. In addition, with the news photos and targeted news feeds, you
can more easily stay on top of the latest news, special offers, and
training classes from MCLS.
Streamlined navigation - a trimmed down and more straightforward
navigation to get you where you need to go quickly.
Improved site search - the new site search will help you find what you
need fast.
Product Search - find eResources and products much more easily through
searching by product type, library type and/or keyword.
Upcoming Training & Events - the Training & Events list is now more
intuitive, scannable and easier to use.

Melba Moose
You might notice the absence of Melba Moose from our new site - Melba
decided it was time for retirement. She's now spending her days basking in
the sunshine at Potter Park Zoo, just a few miles down the street from the
MCLS offices in Lansing. (Her retirement name is 'Willow'). Please wish
her well in retirement, and stop by Potter Park Zoo to say hello!

Online survey
During the next two weeks, please take a few minutes to check out the new
MCLS website and let us know what you like, any bugs you might find,
suggestions for improvement, and what else you might like to see via this
online survey. We would love your feedback to help us make the new site
even better.

We hope that you find the new MCLS website a pleasurable experience!

Sincerely,

Elaine Meyer
User Experience Librarian
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)

Lansing, MI
Phone: 800-530-9019 ext 152
Phone: 517-492-3852
Fax: 517-492-3887