[Michlib-l] self-published donations and sales requests

WAY Carol DeBoer waycd at llcoop.org
Fri Jun 6 09:06:23 EDT 2014

Nyama,

We have several local authors that we have put their self-published book on our shelves. One of them has actually come in and replaced the original copies after she became more well known and sold more books. She had them redone with better editing, etc.

We feel if they want to take the chance of putting an inferior piece of work out there for the public to see that is their choice.

What we do is look at the subject matter and see if our community would actually read this book or not. We are a very small library with limited shelf space.

Carol DeBoer
Circulation Supervisor
Henika District Library
149 S. Main